For Grant Applicants
Checklist for Eligibility
- Your group is a non-profit with active 501(c)(3) status. If you're not sure, you can check at www.guidestar.org.
- Your group has an Employer Identification Number (EIN). This can also be looked up at www.guidestar.org.
- Your grant proposal's primary focus is one or more of the following:
- While not necessary, the foundation generally shows preference to groups that are local to the Maryland/DC/West Virginia area.
Our management software requires new users to register prior to applying, this is a one time step. Your registration should be processed within 2-3 buisiness days.
If you have difficulty registering, or if your password reset does not work, please contact us at email@example.com. This is not an automated process. We will manually search for your account, this may take a couple days.
All applications not meeting the requirements for eligibility must be dismissed.
Unfortunately, even if your group does meet all the requirements, the Nora Roberts Foundation has limited funds to distribute every year, and may not be able to donate to your group for this fiscal year (ending in July).
The most important part of the application is the 2-3 sentence summary. The summary should answer the following questions:
- What is the organization's purpose?
- How does the project or organization uniquely and directly benefit one or more of our focus areas (Literacy, Children, Arts)?
- What would a donation to your organization be used for?
Request Documents and Organization Documents are not required. These documents are only viewed if the request makes it past the first round of votes based on the summary.
Request Documents are documents pertaining to the project or to the current operations of the organization the request is for. These are documents that would change or be updated each year. For example, a program/organization brochure, a program/organization budget, a report on the impact of the program, testimonials, other reports or recommendations.
Organization Documents are documents that would pertain to the organization year after year. These documents only need to be uploaded once, and will thereafter appear in any subsequent requests made by the organization. Some organization documents suggested would be a mission statement or a history of the organization.
Multiple Users are encouraged for each organization. Each user needs to register with their own email address. After approval, all users connected to the same organization can view and edit their applications.
Deadlines for applications are based on our quarterly board meetings in January, March/April, June/July, and October/November. To be safe, submit your application by Dec. 1st, March 1st, June 1st, and October 1st to be considered at that quarter’s meeting.
Please add the norarobertsfoundation.org domain to your address book.